Tanzania – Top Travel Destination For African Safaris and Crystal Clear Water Beach locations!
Recently I received a couple of interesting emails, and thought I ought to share some of my answers on the matter! If it is a concern to some of you about, it might indeed just be something worth mentioning!
In one of the mails in particular, an individual stated he was seeking “THE BEST African safari destination/country, with both a genial culture, reasonable prices, crystal clear water beach locations, an interesting nightlife, and naturally a country that is relatively safe to travel in”! That’s a good number of things to ask straight away I know…
Although there is no “perfect” destination with all of the above, there is certainly a healthy place that stands out in my mind!
If you’re looking for a combination of seashores and incredible animal wildlife, then I’d DEFINITELY consider Tanzania! Tanzania is by far my best pick!
Here’s why I think you should seriously consider it:
– It has a majestic mountain: Mt Kilimanjaro! The mountain’s name comes from the misuse of two Swahili words: Kilima (hill or little mountain), and Njaro (greatness, also used as white or shining). You can either climb it ( if you are a confirmed trekker), or just stare at it while taking amazing pictures with your family and friends!
– Stunning beaches: South Beach in Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar, Mafia Island (best for coral reefs), Pemba etc.
– THE BEST safari destinations: Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ruaha, Selous (my pick if you enjoy boat safaris), Mikumi (nice especially if you’re searching for a national park not too far from Dar; approximately 2-3 hours drive).
– If you can’t do all of the above in one trip, go only for the Northern circuit (Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater…), and possibly spend a while in Zanzibar (recommended) or Mafia island.
– Dar es Salaam likewise has a comfortable Yacht Club, and the Slipway is great if you’d like to eat pizza, or just wander around the waterfront!
– Relating to outlays it’s not the least costly country, but you can most certainly find reasonable prices if you’re prepared to camp (or don’t mind backpacking). There are, in addition various companies that organize trips throughout Africa in huge trucks (overland trucks). Really cool if you’re young, and are looking for an experience like no other!;)
– People are very friendly in Tanzania, and the nation is relatively safe. Needless to say, like in all major countries (and cities specially), you must have to keep abreast of your hand bag and personal belongings. Also make certain not to carry around costly items when unnecessary!